As marathons and races across the globe are being postponed, canceled or transformed during the pandemic, we have made the decision to run the 43rd Annual Milton Road Race as a virtual event. Why are we running? This race, through the collective generosity of you, your neighbors and local businesses, have enabled scholarships for high school students and grants for local community service organizations in Milton for 42 years.
Many local runners love this annual tradition and we are determined to provide our community with the opportunity to “run together” (6 feet apart!) despite the current conditions. In the months ahead, your combined race entry fees will become a much-needed infusion of hope for graduates that have missed out on many milestones and local organizations supporting our town as we recover from this public health crisis. Thank you to each and every one of you for participating and running with us. We miss you all!
Virtual Race – How Does it Work?
- Register for either the 5K or 10K race (Race-only or Race + T-shirt option) at https://racewire.com/register.php?id=11427.
- You’ll walk or run either a 5K or 10K from your home; please avoid the race course if you can so we avoid crowding.
- Follow the CDC social distancing guidelines
- Only run with those you have been self-isolating with
Registration Tiers (for both 10K and 5K)
- Race-only Registration = $20
- Race + T-Shirt = $30 (pick up/drop off details TBD)
Submitting your time
You will receive information on how to submit your time soon! Keep an eye on your inbox for that.
As you all know, the many local businesses that sponsor this community event are currently helping our community function and also experiencing significant challenges. Consider local and please support them where you can.
If you have already registered and would like to defer to 2021 or a refund, please send your request to email@example.com.
Since 1977, the Milton Junior Woman’s Club hosts an annual 5K & 10K road race which benefits chosen charities with a portion of the fund-raiser contributing to our Scholarship Fund.
The Milton 5K & 10K is held in the spring and enables us to donate the money to community organizations and give scholarships to Milton residents.
Some of the recipients of our fundraising efforts include:
- Friends of the Milton Public Library
- Brookwood Community Farm
- Milton Art Center, Inc.
- Forbes House Museum
- Milton National Little League Challenger Division
- Milton High School All Night Graduation Party
- Milton Interfaith Clergy Association
- Milton High School/PARENT series
- Milton Early Childhood Alliance
- Laboure College
- Milton Parks and Recreation
- Milton Public Health Department
- Share Our College Knowledge, Milton High School Guidance
- Milton Council of Aging
- Friends of the Blue Hills
- Caron Treatment Center
- Maria Droste Counseling Services
Like our Milton Road Race page on Facebook to receive updates about the race.
We are grateful to our sponsors and participants for supporting this worthy cause. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in being a sponsor.
COMPANY SPONSORSHIP FORM
If you would like to be a sponsor, please visit this page.