Each year the Milton Junior Woman’s Club awards selected Milton residents graduating from high school with scholarships ranging from $500 – $2000 for further education. The scholarships are awarded to qualified applicants who plan to enter schools or colleges in 2019, and are not limited to four-year accredited programs.
The application consists of an online form, a transcript, two letters of recommendation, and brief personal essays. As a community organization, Milton Junior Woman’s Club will award scholarships based on academic achievement, extracurricular activities, leadership skills, and community involvement.
- Applicant must have been a resident of Milton for at least 2 years
- Applicant must be a high school senior or accepted as a full-time student at an institution of higher learning
Application Process Instructions
Applicants must submit all three components to be considered eligible for review. Please read these instructions carefully.
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation. Each recommendation MUST be accompanied by the cover letter below. Recommendations can be sent via postal mail in sealed envelopes signed by the preparer across the seal OR emailed to us directly from the preparer or a school guidance counselor
- An official copy of transcript, stamped sent via postal mail, emailed to us directly from the school’s guidance office, or you may upload a .jpg, .gif, .png, or .pdf of the transcript within the application
- Complete and submit the online application below.
DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN MONDAY, MARCH 18, 2019. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
A committee of members of the Milton Junior Woman’s Club will complete a formal evaluation of all completed applications. Scholarships will be awarded by May 28, 2019. Payments are made directly to the recipient.
Milton Junior Woman’s Club
P.O. Box 474
Milton, MA 02186